Call your Member of Congress today at 1-855-712-8441. Tell them to vote NO on Fast Track.
The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) is a terrible trade deal for workers.
- It will drive down wages and benefits and ship jobs overseas.
- It will roll back regulations that could be construed as a “barrier to trade,” which includes environmental, consumer, and labor protections.
- It will give trading privileges to nations like Brunei and Malaysia where homosexuality is punishable by law and in some cases death.
- It will put restrictive controls on the internet.
- It will empower Big Pharma to summarily raise the prices of life-saving medicines.
Worst of all, Congress is attempting to use a legislative gimmick called Fast Track to ram it through. Fast Track is an undemocratic process that will prevent Congress from considering any pro-worker amendments to the TPP. This “take it or leave it” approach all but guarantees working families will pay a steep price if the TPP passes.
This bill will send good jobs overseas and give more power to giant corporations. It continues the same failed trade policies that leave working people behind.
The UFCW is Committed to Seeing Fast Track and the TPP Defeated.
- UFCW President Perrone: “Walmart endorsement latest sign fast tracking TPP will be a disaster for hard-working men and women”