For information about President Obama’s executive actions on immigration, please visit:
The UFCW calls on Congress to adopt comprehensive immigration reform.
- UFCW Statement in Response to President Obama’s Executive Action on Immigration
- UFCW Activists Arrested at Massive Immigration March
- UFCW Praises Senate Passage of Comprehensive Immigration Reform That Includes Roadmap to Citizenship
- UFCW, Food Manufacturers Form Alliance on Senate Immigration Bill
- Core Elements for Immigration Reform
- Core Elements for Immigration Reform-Spanish
- Over 80 UFCW Leaders Announce Support for Comprehensive Immigration Reform
October 23, 2018 at 4:22 pm
UFCW OUTreach is offering five scholarships for members to attend next year’s Creating Change Conference in Detroit. The conference, which will take place on...
October 15, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Esau Valencia has been a UFCW Local 1245 shop steward at Kings Supermarket for 20 years. Over that time, he’s become increasingly involved in efforts to get out the vote, and this year is no exception. He’s one of the many shining examples of hardworking UFCW members honoring Hispanic Heritage Month by getting involved in their communities. Over the last few weeks, Esau has been helping fellow members get registered to vote at his store and has volunteered his time going door to door as well. He says that “Although Hispanics are generally more politically involved in other countries, we as a people are active in the U.S., but more can still be done. It takes all of us to make change – to receive the better wages and respect we’ve earned.”
June 25, 2018 at 5:17 pm
The UFCW denounced last week’s ICE raids at Fresh Mark plants in the Ohio towns of Canton, Massillon and Salem, and...