January 22, 2014
Across the country, many young UFCW members have expressed interest in becoming more active within the labor movement.
These are members who believe in the power of sticking together and want to improve workplace conditions beyond their own store or plant. UFCW has created the GOLD internship program with these members in mind.
The GOLD internship program will provide participants with the opportunity to learn and develop new talents.
They will be assigned a project within one of five areas: Legislative and Political Action, Organizing, Collective Bargaining, Civil Rights, and Health and Safety.
The GOLD internship program will be substantive – participants will be involved with critical UFCW projects. The experience will leave GOLD internship graduates with the necessary skills to become future union leaders and activists.
Participants will be paid throughout the internship. Housing and travel costs will also be provided.
Are you interested in being a part of GOLD?
• Rank and file members only
• 40 interns will be accepted in the first year
• All members are committed to the one week education (Phase I) portion of the program. Depending on evaluation, each member could then be invited to participate in a four week (Phase II) action project.
• Local President and Region Director approval is required
• Must apply online by April 1, 2014
• A short essay is required
For more information please visit: www.goldufcw.org